An iPhone is the top of the shelf mobile phone model present in the market. Several features make them an outstanding option in various ways. Apple, one of the biggest multinational companies, is responsible for producing iPhones. iPhones are well known for their accessibility, function, and versatile features.
As the competition grows, the companies tend to release new projects, offers, and other agendas to suit the interest of their customers and viewers. Through their hard work and excellent performance, they stand at a place now that they truly deserve. We all know that iPhones differ from other mobile phone brands in terms of their performance, display, look, and battery. Such aspects also contribute to making an iPhone unique from that of its competitors.
Data transfer in iPhones
As said earlier, iPhones follow different pathways for anything different from other mobile phones. For example, iPhones have App Store, while rest of the mobile users commonly access the Google Play Store for downloading the trusted apps on their phone. iPhones have certain dedicated features that you cannot change per your wishes. Some of them are explicitly designed for data transfer as well.
Transferring your data from your old mobile to your new one is challenging. Without missing anything, it is nerve-wracking to transfer the data and files, even on a normal mobile phone. Even though you are a hundred and ten percent confident, there may be chances that you miss a small chunk of data in the process.
You can use several methods to transfer your files and data to a brand new iPhone. The ways include:
- Through iCloud
- Quick start
- Using a window PC or a Mac
Prepare an iPhone for Data Transfer
Before following the tips, you must prepare your iPhone for the transfer process. As we all know, iCloud is the backup unit of all your data that each Apple product contains. Apple can give you a 21-days time to transfer your data. This time allows you to prepare your device for the transferring process. If you cannot complete the process within that period, you can request another 21 days by making a payment.
Steps to take the back-up:
- Go to settings.
- Select general settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and see Transfer or Reset iPhone options.
- Please select it, and the screen displays a preparation tab, and tap Get started.
- It will show some info, and the tap continues.
- The final page asks you to turn on Backup.
The process of preparation is completed once you turn on the backup permission.
1. Using iCloud
As iCloud is the backup unit, it stores all your data perfectly. If you do not need any data, backing up your device will be a good idea. Whenever you need it, you can transfer it. But remember, iCloud only provides 5GB of storage. If you want more, you can manage storage and buy additional spaces that comply with your sources.
If you want to back up the data, you can do the following instructions:
- Go to settings
- Tap your name
- Select iCloud
- Go through the list and choose which you want and which you do not
- Backing up is an automatic process, once done after you select your choices
- Or you can also select the Backup now option to do it immediately
If you want to transfer it, the steps are:
- On your new device, tap set up manually on the quick start page
- Choose the appropriate and secured wi-fi connection and tap next
- It will ask for some basic setups requirements like passcode and TouchID.
- After that, it ends up in apps and data pages.
- Choose to restore from iCloud Backup.
- Select recent iCloud Backup and wait till the data transfer to your new device.
2. Quick Start
A quick start is one of the easiest ways of transferring data from your old mobile to a new one. It requires the presence of both your devices close to one another.
Steps to follow to transfer your data to an iPhone:
- Turn on your new iPhone.
- Place your old device adjacent to your new one.
- In your new phone, a setup option is seen.
- Continue the setup process.
- An animated sort of thing will appear on your new device.
- Scan the animation on your old phone’s camera like QR scanning.
- Once the finish option appears on the new phone, enter the passcode of your old device and continue.
- When it finally reaches the transfer screen, select Transfer directly from the iPhone option, and the Transfer begins.
3. Using Windows PC
You can use your window PC to transfer the files from one device to an iPhone. Make sure that the PC has an appropriate USB port in it.
Steps to transfer the data:
- Connect the USB to one end of your device and the other to your PC.
- Launch iTunes on your PC.
- On the left side, choose summary.
- Tap “This computer” and select the “Backup now” option.
- On your mobile, quickly start the device and follow the process.
- Once reaching the app and data screen, select restore from the Mac or PC option.
- Continue the process to complete the Transfer.
4. Using a Mac
Mac backup is also one of the methods in iPhone backup techniques.
- On your Mac, open the Finder app.
- Select iPhone on the sidebar.
- You can see the option that says Backup from iPhone to Mac and select Backup now.
- On your new iPhone, quickly start your device and complete the process.
- Upon reaching the app and data screen, click the option restore from the Mac or PC.
- And then transfer begins.
The above methods explain the steps involved in data transfer from your computer or old iPhone to the latest iPhone. It was simple, right? We suggest you use iCloud to keep your data secured over the cloud network provided by Apple. If you buy your first iPhone, use your Mac or Windows PC to access iCloud and transfer all your required files and data to your brand new handset.